Friday, February 29, 2008

The whole Nerd/poseur movement

I write a little series of blogs on myspace called "Shit I hate" because I'm angry person. And shit. I decided to post this one anecdote from one I did recently because this shit seriously still infuriates me.

"I'm becoming infuriated with this "cool nerd" shit. For real. You can't be "cool" and a nerd at the same time. Like, three years ago, I finally realize I'm a fucking nerd. I came out of the "nerd closet", if you will. I went to Otakon and enjoyed it (I didn't cosplay though. That's waaaaaaaay to geeky for me). I stay on the internet on websites besides myspace. People used to cheat off of me in high school. I continuously use SAT words in my everyday vocabulary. I'm a nerd. Not a geek. Not a dork. A nerd. So why come soon as I realize how nerdy I am, everybody starts wearing polos and glasses talking about, "I'm a nerd, too"? This is pre-goddamn-posterous. There is no such thing as a cool nerd. Lupe Fiasco. That nigga's a nerd. He loves manga and have you ever heard this nigga when he's geeking? He's a fucking nerd. Pharrell? This nigga says drug dealers could've been chemists. No one really makes that comparison. Yet, they seem to be the archetype for nerd that poser niggas's build off of. Look, bottom line is: If you don't remember Yu Yu Hakusho, you don't read books, and you can't tell software from hardware, then maybe you should reevaluate yourself. You fucking poser."

No comments: