Sunday, February 21, 2010
- Man, Baltimore got hit with two big ass snow storms two weeks ago, but so did the rest of the northeast of America.
- I went to spend a night over my baby mama/future fiancee house and the damn power went out that night.
- The next day we trudged 1 and half miles through about 2 feet of snow during the blizzard to take E3 to my house. That shit was like something out of an adventure book. I almost didn't make it.
- I had to take his ass in the house, then turn around and get Jasmine, moving like a turtle out this ho.
- I like how it was like 3 feet of snow outside, but all of the liquor stores were still open. Not that I'm complaining.
- Some douche bag left his van in the middle of our street to go to Super Bowl party. That bitch was there for four days.
- Me and a bunch of my neighbors ended up shoveling most of the street so people can get their cars out.
- Speaking of cars, I got my license. Too bad I don't have a car.
- I could steal one, it's in my blood.
- My mom's going to read that and snitch on me.
- I've considered putting out a mixtape. In all seriousness.
- I mean, I always talk about how much rappers suck, so why not prove I wouldn't suck.
- Stop laughing.
- My son can crawl now. He can also slap you back if you hit his hand.
- I see him getting punished a lot in his future.
So, right, I figured I'd come back (and hopefully stay) to talk about something that's been irking me the past two days. Popular rookie rapper and future one hit wonder Wacka Flocka has made a controversial confession in Whoo Kid interview where he basically admits he can't rap.
“It ain't got nothing to do with lyrics. I ain't got no lyrics.”
“That's when I don't trip when niggas be like, ‘Man, shawty can't rap'. The nigga that everybody say is lyrical, they ain't got no shows.”
“I don't even care about selling records. As long as I get them shows for $15,000, four to five days out the week, I'm happy.”
So, right, I'm not surprised. Everyone knows Wacka Flocka can't rap.
I'd also like to add he has one of the top five worst rap names in the world. It sounds like a Nick Jr. Show.
Everyone knows Wacka Flocka can't rap. Even his fans. A friend of mine happens to be an avid Wacka Flocka fan. I dare not pursue an argument with this woman, because she is much like the rap fans who wear "FREE _____" shirts after a nigga kills someone. Now, I'm glad he admitted it to, but to claim rappers who actually enunciate their words and use metaphors "don't get no money" is merely ignorant.
I mean, it's really easy to say someone isn't getting money just because you don't see them. I mean, he's doing shows in Georgia, Texas, New Orleans, etc. while the "niggas with lyrics" are performing in Germany, Japan and France. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Now, the actual offense I take from his statement says a lot about rap as a whole. You'll never hear a country singer say "I can't sing. I just say the words. The people who do sing don't make any money." Nor will you hear a member of a rock band say "I can't play drums. I just bang on these shits and people pay for it."
I have no one to blame for Juaquin's (is that how you spell it?) attitude but the people that buy his shit, and Yung Joc's shit and Young Jeezy's shit and the list goes on. Having rappers admit they can't rap is a slap in the face to the music and the artists who paved the way for this. Method Man, among others, already have their opinion about Juaquin's statement, and I'm sure there are more.
Let's see where this nigga career goes, because rappers like Jibbs and 2 Pistols sucked dick at being able to rap and I haven't heard from any of them. I hope he doesn't perform in New York anytime soon. Or Detroit. I heard they fight over shit like that there.
When the fuck did I get 73 followers?
Posted by Gallardo Bastardo at 09:43