Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Different Differences

I discovered my new favorite song of 2010 (Well, second favorite after OMG. Don't judge me.)





Might I add that the red-bone who enters at 1:08 is delectable. While watching the video, I got a sense of deja vu. That comes from the fact that the video is strongly reminiscent of one of my favorite songs/videos, "Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.





Look, they're both artsy-fartsy, weird and look like they were filmed in warehouses. Go eat yourself.

Well, point is, there are videos I've noticed over time that seem to imitate (see bite off of) other videos before it.

Rihanna "Rude Boy" imitates M.I.A. "Boyz"






If it's not obvious, you need to hop off Rihanna's dick. However, Robyn Fenty's version has better production value, less emphasis on men and more emphasis on making my pants tighter.


Rihanna "Disturbia" imitates Nine Inch Nails "Closer"






Strange, dim setting. Pasty faced humans. Jacob's Ladder style filming. However, Nine Inch Nails actually succeeds in making me totally uncomfortable watching this by myself or with company. They also succeed in making a better song. They could've just said "I wanna fuck you like an animal" the whole song and I'd like it, so my tastes aren't exactly meant to be respected. Rihanna also needs to get more creative directors.


Ne-Yo "Mad" imitates Nickelback "Someday"





Nickelback got totally swiped. These are the music video versions of the two Death at a Funerals; the original is considered better and the only reason the new one is accepted is because it has black people in it.



Image hosting by Ploader

1 comment:

Adina Renée. said...

i love that new big boi song too.