Sunday, June 1, 2008

An Event of Epic Fanboyism

If anyone has been following Metal Gear Solid 4 as closely as I has, then they should know by now that Eurogamer gave it an 8 out of 10. Now, if you're a Metal Gear Solid fanboy like I am, you wouldn't just be pissed, you'd be offended. That shit was like a slap to the face of everything Metal Gear Solid has worked for. Of course, I wasn't the only one perturbed by this faux pas. You have to see the massive amount of comments, both critical and supportive, about Oil Welsh's decision. Many are just stripped down to immature rants (including the constant slur of "Eurofags"), fanboy beefing (PS3 fanboys whining about how it deserved more and Xbox fanboys talking about how Halo scored higher) and some people even abandoning Eurogamer altogether (One guy said that this will be the last review he reads on Eurogamer). Somehow, this score, which in my eyes is seen as a "pretty good", has turned into a shitstorm of epic proportions. Sure, I think it deserved better, but I can't knock another man's opinion. It doesn't matter, because I'm going to be having a hot, steamy, sensual night with my copy come June 12th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.millionhitcounters.com/ for hit a hit counter :)