Friday, June 27, 2008

Fuck this. Seriously.

Image Hosted by CHANGEME

Before I begin my fucking rant, I'd like to say I hate the state of black culture in America for this one recurring problem: If you dislike someone or something that they are doing, but they have more money than you, you are called a "hater". That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. All of the celebrities I like have more money than me and most of my friends have more money than me, but yet I am not hating on them. Now that that's out the way. . .

What the fuck is this shit? I'm not angry at Dee and Ricky, I'm pissed at the motherfuckers buying this shit. Lego brooches, nigga? Lego brooches? Are you shitting me? Are you dropping me in the fucking toilet? Now, it's one thing to make Lego brooches and get paid for it, I'm just seriously upset that people are so enamored by this shit. For one, they're fucking LEGO brooches. You can make this shit yourself. What's ridiculous is that these things are selling for over $60. 60 fucking dollars for a homemade lego brooch/belt buckle. You could make this for like 20 dollars, yo.

It makes sense that, you know, they started off making them and some niggas see it and go "Yo, that's tight. Make me one." It's another thing when somehow Marc Jacobs wants your belts so you justify selling them for the price of a PS3 game. Once again, it's not Dee and Ricky's faults, it's those high-fashion dipshits who have $65 to blow on a lego belt buckle and don't have enough talent to do it themselves.

I salute you, Dee and Ricky. One day I would like to be able to make something so fucking simple that a ferret suffering from Down Syndrome could create it and sell it to morons who think an object is "hot" when they've never seen it before. You guys are like the KAWS of accessories. (Yeah, I said it. All he does is draw cartoon characters with X's in their eyes. He's easily the most talented motherfucker I've ever seen in my life.)

No comments: