Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bromance

I was wondering why I don't read the Source anymore, then I picked it up in the Barnes & Nobles and saw this:

Image Hosted by CHANGEME


Neither one of these people have relevance in the game anymore, and they need to give up. This isn't my opinion, this is fact, just like chlorophyll is the reason leaves are green.

When I was looking up a picture of the magazine to post, I found out they made a song called "Roc da Mic". I listened to the song and it was not what I expected at all. It wasn't Bow Wow trying to sound tough or Jermaine Dupri rambling about how much money he has, but it was a love song by them dedicated to each other. While I agree that showing love to people you respect is something more needed in hip-hop, but making a song about it and making it a single is being overly comfortable for me. I want to call it gay, but that would be rude. I'm not posting the video, so you go watch it and tell me what you think.

"I be looking at em like 'Ew, who do that?'" - Lil Bow Wow

I don't know any straight men that say "Ew, who do that". That's some shit for the kids.

P.S. The beat sucks ass, but all of Jermaine Dupri's beats suck ass.

6 comments:

DNelTheMC said...

My God...I didn't even know they we're together (not like that either)...Songs horrible, I can make a beat better than that.

JD is creepin up on 40 and rapping about his likenesses to a 21 year old...Throw in the towel please.

A said...

I saw this cover and just turned away lol I hope their relationship is more like a father/son ish thing like lil wayne and...yea never mind lol

N.I.K.E. said...

So...Un..Cool.

"Ew...Who Do That?"

Lol

Rosie said...

Uhhh.... That song is gross! I hate how JD sampled the Sylistics. MJB already used that sample.

I've been tellin people for the longest that Bow Wow is on some 12 year old shit! I mean that Marco Polo bullshit was wack! I actually think Bow Wow can rhyme if he had some better management and producers.

Also... JD is a fuckin wack ass! Kanye did the whole nerdy glasses look already! I've been asking myself for about 3 years what JD is good for and I can't think of a damn thing... his rhymes are wack, his beats suck (except for maybe 'Money Ain't A Thang'), and I am almost 100% positive that he ain't hittin Janet right!

Miss Jones said...

ha hahaha... i thought the source was over. and they r both so damn corny!

www.hostagenyc.com

[$ H A R O N A] said...

omg! that video that they have together. which i think is the ultimate bromance anthem... ick.