Wednesday, November 5, 2008

M.I.A. featuring Blaqstarr - S.U.S. (Save Ur Soul)



I will admit that I'm only posting this because of Baltimore bias. Blaqstarr is pretty popular in Baltimore being that he makes club mixes that people actually listen to, and he's just as popular as K-Swift(R.I.P.) and Rod Lee. It's monumental to see him make a song with an artist with such a large cult following.

With all of the positive shit said, this song sucks hella balls. First off, Blaqstarr is basically singing the theme song to the Wire. Second off, They both sound terrible. Blaqstarr sounds like Tone Loc if he inhaled helium and M.I.A is so off key it makes my nuts ache. Third off, I guess the video is innovative in a low-budget way. All they did was record three separate one shots of them singing, pulled them up at the same time, and then recorded them on the monitor.

The one positive to me is the beat. I mean, most people from Baltimore would hear it and be ready to rock off and shit. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard this on 92Q anytime soon.


P.S. I just want to know why Terry Kennedy keeps rapping. He raps as well as he skateboards: Very mediocre and way overestimated by his fans.

2 comments:

[$ H A R O N A] said...

you know, i watched the video before i read your words and i'm like why the hell are they singing the wire theme song?

don't trip chicago's hipsters will be all over this shit. the beat and m.i.a. smh... they are gonna kill it. but once again, i simply can't.

Tiaira said...

Lol. I can't believe you aint like it. I hate club music with a passion. But I really like this shit. &&&& you dissing 808's and heartbreaks!!! Blasphemy!