Saturday, November 1, 2008

So, I played Mirror's Edge

mirrors edge Pictures, Images and Photos


For the first time in 8 billion years I got on my PS3 because even though the Blu-Ray reader had it's anus reamed, it still works. Honestly, I mainly got on because I wanted to play the Mirror's Edge demo. I had to download it overnight since I have to take the modem off of the computer and hook it up in my room (I need some wirless internet out this bitch). Long story short, it's pretty much what I expected. In a good way.

The demo starts you off with training, which is very much needed. The game relies a lot on momentum and timing, because if you fuck a jump, you're welcome to listen to your bones crunch as Faith, the protagonist, slams in to the ground. After completing the training where you learn such important maneuvers as how to crouch in mid-air to make yourself smaller and get through tough spots(awesome!) and how to slide and kick a motherfucker in his balls(double awesome), you get to do a level. The level, in my opinion, was fun as shit.

I'm a fan of Prince of Persia. I own every game that came out for the Playstation 2 and I'm planning THE FUCK out of buying the new one. You could say that Mirror's Edge is like a first-person Prince of Persia not only because of the acrobatic maneuvers, but you also have to scope out the area to find out where you have to go. At one point, you end up in a room with a bunch of gestapo and you have to escape. The first-person perspective helps you feel the sense of urgency that you tend to feel when you're having slugs fired at you while you have to find a good way to get to that air vent.

I was planning on buying Mirror's Edge anyway, but this just helps me cement my decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rich :o)

Seems interesting, again, it would probably take me a while to get the hang of it (as it does with most video games)...I mean it took me a WHOLE year, to master the FIRST Super Mario Bros lol, *shacking head*, good thing my side won't allow me to play it lol, this way, I don't have to think of I can actually master it or not *big smurk* ...

Sidebar:
Want to be in the BlogYearBook? I'll post the rules this Monday on my blog. Pass the word :o) Peace.